Tuesday, October 20, 2020

New Punch Storage Solutions for Cube


How organised is your craft?

I don't know about you but for me craft organisation is never quite 'there'. It seems to always be an ongoing organic thing. I am always looking for and trying to think of ideas to make my space more efficient and relaxing (at least for me, since I am the one who uses it!).

I love having my items close at hand so I am not having to get up and run here and there to get them. I just want to be able to reach each thing I want. Consequently at the moment I sit in a tiny little corner with shelves all around my desk. It is also handy this way because we have limited space in the house that needs to be shared with the whole (large) family.


Punch Storage

Thanks so much to Vicki Schnabel for planting the idea of using Down Pipe to make some Punch storage. The one she made looked really great.

I wanted to try and see if I could make it fit in my Ikea Cube storage that I already had.

I love that I can make this expandable and can even move it if I want to. I can pull it apart and rearrange it to be tall or wide, or even fill the whole cube hole if I expand my set of punches. As you can see I don't have many. Well actually I have a few Whale Tale Punches but they wont quite fit in this and as Stampin' Up!® are not producing the Whale Punch style anymore, this is a better fit for me and my cube. I know I will fill this and more quite quickly so am glad that this solution is as expandable and efficient as it is affordable and easy to make.



The Details

My very kind hubby bought me a length from Bunnings of 100x50mm which cost $20, so it actually works out to some pretty cheap storage. He cut them with the drop saw at 11mm long each. Then he gave them a light file off to smooth them. I wrapped my stack of 6 down pipe pieces in clear packing tape to hold them together and stop them moving. above them I have put a piece of foam core board and also a piece behind them to stop me from pushing them all the way through and out the back end. The foam core on top also makes a nice firm and flat piece for my stamp cases to sit.

Have fun making and creating.

Caroline

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a message. Have a great day!