Tuesday, January 19, 2021

Fine Art Floral Suite - Playing with watercolour and other techniques

Happy New Year! 

How did you celebrate Christmas?, the holidays?

Hubby had been away interstate for work, for 10 days, arriving home just the week before Christmas Day. We had lots of guests for meals and coffee over the Christmas period and we had my family for our Christmas celebration on a night while Hubby was away, so it was quite busy but oh so lovely. 

I have been making jam with the fruit that came from our trees during January so far. Its one of my pleasures in life. I enjoy baking and preserving most of all the different sorts of cooking. Actually I was making a desert last weekend (we had guests) and one of the kids was rather shocked and asking why are you making a desert. "Um! because I like making deserts". Apparently it's a long time since I have made desert, so long they have forgotten that I do.

Fine Art Floral Suite

I had a play with the FINE ART FLORAL SUITE from the new catalogue this week. This is the first time I have pulled it out to play with and I am in love with it. I thought I would be. I can tell I will use this often. Here's a look at my creations. They are all quite different using different elements.

This first card I used a stitched nested label die to cut some DSP from the suite as a background layer. I used Merry Merlot, Flirty Flamingo, and the leaf in Old Olive Stampin Ink.

To create the watercolour effect on this card, I inked up my stamps and then gave them a spritz with water and stamped directly onto some watercolour paper. It looks great doesn't it. Again the background is just using DSP from the suite. Colours are in Petal Pink & Old Olive.


For this card I opened the Gilded Leafing Embellishment and Heat & Stick Powder to adhere it, from the suite of products. I have not done gold leafing in years so that really was a throw back and some fun. I totally enjoyed making this card so much. I ran a piece of Petal Pink card stock through the Embossing machine in the Painted Texture 3D Embossing Folder from the Suite. Then gently sponged some Petal Pink ink over it to highlight some areas. The flowers were done in So Saffron, Flirty Flamingo, and Merry Merlot Stampin Ink. The Ribbon and Gilded Leafing Embellishment are from the Suite.


And here is a card that is just right for the beginning of the year. It has lots of layers of DSP. I used the Golden Garden Designer Specialty Acetate over the back floral piece of DSP.  Again I have used a piece of Whisper White with my Stitched Nested Layer Dies. You can purchase from ebay little mini calendars. Colours used are Merry Merlot card stock and Stampin ink with Petal Pink Stampin' Ink.


Retired Stampin' Up!® Items Available Now!

Woo Hooo!! Another special offer for you!! I have retired Stampin' UP! products available. Retired Stampin' Up! products are anything that is no longer available for sale from Stampin' Up! meaning you can no longer buy them new. Unfortunately I as a SU demonstrator am not allowed to sell items retired or new outside Australia, but if you live here in Australia, this is a great way to get hold of the products you loved but missed out on earlier.
  • Retired stamp sets from my own collection.
  • NEW, or in excellent used condition from a Smoke free home.
  • All stamp sets listed have been discontinued and are no longer being produced by Stampin' Up!
  • These are all my stamp sets which are looking for new craft rooms to call home!
  • All at reduced prices, take a look and grab a retired bargain!
Shop for all my retired items HERE but be quick before they are gone.

NEW Basic White Items in stock

The following Basic White products are now available!

Coming Soon - Bouquet of Hope 

A new exclusive Card Kit is on it's way to us. It is available starting 13 April, while supplies last.
The kit’s exclusive Bouquet of Hope Stamp Set features supportive sentiments centred around comfort, care, hope, and love. Such a versatile stamp set can be used throughout the year! Purchasing this Paper Pumpkin kit is the only way to collect this one-of-a-kind stamp set. Isn't it beautiful!

KIT CONTENTS:

  • The Bouquet of Hope Stamp Set: an exclusive stamp set not available anywhere else!
  • A Stampin’ Spot
  • Enough materials to create nine cards, including patterned card bases, decorative die-cut pieces, embellishments, and more!
  • Nine coordinating envelopes
  • Adhesive
More information coming soon.

So that's it for this week. I haven't been well yesterday and today so even though I could share more I will stop here and get some needed rest. Don't forget that we have Sale-a-bration running at the moment so if you do purchase anything there are lots of freebies to get as well. Make sure if you do shop to keep your spending in $90 increments to get the best for your money. Keep on crafting friends and do show me your creations.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a message. Have a great day!