Tuesday, August 11, 2020

Colour Challenge - Vibrant Pink & Blue Lakes with Australia's Red Bulldust



The Challenge

I love my state of South Australia (SA) where I live currently. This state is a secret trove of undiscovered treasures, unknown to those outside our state. When I see beautiful photos of SA, I sometimes repost them on my personal Facebook page.

A Stampin' Up!® colleague and personal friend saw the following photo I posted from @SeeSouthAustraliaAU (photo credit to @jaxonfoale via Insta) and challenged me to make a card with these colours. Totally vibrant colours. You have to admit, it is an incredibly stunning combination.






Colour Comparison

I did a colour comparison with an SU colour swatch and decided that the colours were
  • Magenta Madness
  • Pacific Point
  • Pumpkin Pie
  • Sahara Sand





And next, to come up with a design. 

This is the part I found the most difficult, trying to come up with a design that would showcase each of the colours. I wanted to do this in roughly equal proportions to the original photo. In the end I made 2 cards as I just couldn't think of a design to use all 4 colours.

I used the Lasting Elegance Die set and added a label with a die cut word from the Word Wishes Die set. I used the Thanksgiving Die and trimmed the giving off so I could just keep the word Thanks.





How did I do?

Do you think I nailed it? Which card is your favourite? I would love to hear, so let me know which one you like best by leaving a comment at the end of this post.



Cut & Emboss Machine


Although Stampin' Up!'s® new Standard size Cut & Emboss Machine ($AUD209) is not available for customer purchase until 1 September, 2020, it is not impossible to get your hands on your own right now. They are available for demonstrator pre-order. This means that if you sign up this month to become a demonstrator ($AUD169) you can order our fabulous Cut & Emboss Machine as your demonstrator kit and you would still have $25 left to spend on whatever you want AND free postage. Now that is a great deal! If you think you might be interested, contact me to ask any questions or join my team here.



Here is the shopping list.

If you want to purchase any of the items I used to make these cards, just click on the pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and leave a message. Have a great day!